General

Home Forums DayZ General

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

There ended up being a DayZ server maintenance period from 12 am – 1 am PST. Server is back up.

-Terd

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

The day/night cycle is reversed to daytime only. Now there is a daytime range that should get into more of the daytime instead of pegged at a paticulae time of day. Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for playing.

Jangles
    Participant

The server has been pitch black during primetime hours, it really killed the server population and its pretty unplayable IMO.

Was this intended?

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

Side note: I updated this page, so it matches this server’s feature list, rules, etc.

DayZ server info & rules

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

The only thing I don’t like about that Traders mod is the fact that everyone is requiring both the client and server to install it for it to work. As a server owner who has been doing this for years, you can lose your server population that way if you just enable it and hope the clients can figure it out.

I may try to rip it apart and write something different… or we can wait for DayZ to finish that launcher of theirs. We need the launcher to automatically work out the mods and set them up for clients. Then who cares! The population stays with the server.

Jonathan
    Participant

That other trader mod would be sick! Thanks for the timely responses, I appreciate it. See you in the wasteland!

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

These 3 servers are the 420 servers:

Monster

[420]Gaming | NWAF PvP | Spawn With Gear| No-Stam IP: 31.186.251.23:5302   ONLINE

September 22, 2018

Monster

[420]Gaming | 15x Heli | 50x Loot| No-Stam | Missions   IP: 31.186.251.23:2302   ONLINE

November 30, 2018

Monster

[420]Gaming | [Redux] | 15x Heli | 50x Loot| Vanilla++   IP: 31.186.251.23:6900   :OFFLINE

So they are going for fast action PVP with the top 2. The bottom one is insane overloaded survival with 50x loot. They are running similar modded content to my server.

I reviewed their client side mod’s code and there is nothing there about traders, but maybe that’s packed into the server and mission components. Cool! I hope they make it a great mod.

I will check out the trader mod that is out there on the workshop. I’d like to add it to my server eventually. GG.

-Terd

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

I will take a look at the new one. I had no idea they were releasing it again. I still have their old mod version installed. I would be surprised if any of the old mod worked.

Jonathan
    Participant

Wait, I somehow missed the rest of your post, oops! To confirm, there aren’t any NPC traders in your server as of now?

Jonathan
    Participant

I just downloaded the Steam Workshop Mod subscription “420Gaming”, which I hope is the right one. Hadn’t downloaded it before, so I hope to find a trader this time around!

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

I took “safezones!” text out of the title, and turned off the Novy Sobor safe zone because there was nothing there, but a safe zone with god mode. Did you find a trader? I do have parts of their mod / code enabled, but I had not looked at it in a while.

Oh… I see, you may be referring to this page: https://moosepuncher.com/dayz-server-info-rules/

I ran the full 420 mod, but it only worked for DayZ server version 0.62 in September 2018. Once the giant experimental 0.63 update came, all of their code broke. I believe that likely killed their spirit, since they spent ALL THAT TIME developing that code. That’s Arma games for ya! 🙂

Jonathan
    Participant

Thanks man, much appreciated!

Last question, I noticed you took the [420] out of the server title. Is this just to avoid text-clutter, or are you removing the 420 Gaming Trader Mod from the server?

Thanks for your time!

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

I adjusted it to some optimal day/night settings I like. Look for the updates on the next server reboot.

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

This is a fine spot for that. I noticed this too last night and looked it up. I read about a bug in the time on 1.0 release, but I am not sure about that. There are mods that we run that could be interfering with the day/night cycle. I will test on my test server to see if I can find the issue.

Jonathan
    Participant

Sorry if this isn’t the right place for this question, I’m a DayZ/forum noob!

Is the standalone server on a day/night cycle, or day only?

If this information is posted somewhere else I apologize, I’m basically a bot, lol.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Game servers privately hosted in the Seattle area for your gaming pleasure…

Skip to toolbar