Hunters constantly disappear after restarted

Home Forums Arma bugs, crashes and workarounds Hunters constantly disappear after restarted

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

Don’t hate me, but we don’t refund here (please see Disclaimer off of the home page). If you are a donator, I go out of my way to help you out, but that is it. Otherwise, you are a player that is playing on my public server, which is provided without warranty.

That said, this is a bug in ExileMod code that was introduced a few months ago and is plaguing the community. Every time I search exilemod.com for answers, I find random suggestions and try them out. It’s not only annoying for you (the players), but it’s annoying for me (the admin) to constantly having to hunt for fixes where the database did not store a player’s stuff. It’s like a fundamental use case of ExileMod and frankly I am surprised the development team has not figured it out, or done longevity studies on their code to find these database save issues ahead of time. To their defence, there are so many types of server hardware and database implementations out there, I am sure it is hard to get this right (even though they had it right and broke it and other mods have not had these issues in the past).

I have run all of these types of Arma mod public servers in the past and never had issues with database saving: Arma 2 DayZMod, Arma 2 DayZMod + EpochMod, Arma 2 Overwatch, Arma 3 Wasteland (all kinds of different implementations), and Arma 3 EpochMod. All of them ran perfectly with no database saving issues… This current problem is exclusive to: ExileMod

– terd

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hey, this has happened to me a 3rd time now, and its seems that it specifically relates to hunters. I have purchased 3 hunters already and all of them have disappeared do to a restart even though I log off hours before the restarts. I have back tracked all routes that I have taken and I still wasn’t able to find it. The most recent one was locked in my base so theft could not have been a possibility.

If maybe there was a way to make a app on XM8 or on map to have your vehicles marked so you can find it if it hasn’t saved its location disappeared.

I don’t want to be quick to ask for a refund, but if a bug is found would it be possible to get one?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Game servers privately hosted in the Seattle area for your gaming pleasure…

Skip to toolbar