Loot tables are being adjusted (probably UP/increase in good loot)

Home Forums Arma 3 -> Desolation Redux Mod (active server) Loot tables are being adjusted (probably UP/increase in good loot)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

i am going to do more testing when i can. when i halved the worldSize value and upped the frequency to spawn every 1 minute, it actually divided in 2 and all spawns were in the correct spot… when testing with the worldSize settings at the DSR default value, all airdrops actually are in bounds. it makes me wonder if perhaps the coordinates are bugged. this is DSR’s bug and if i find the issue, it’s a bonus. again, if i find time i will investigate further…

terd

DamageSponge
    Participant

After we talked, next one was a food drop at 027,199.

DamageSponge
    Participant

As it turns out, its not just the building supply drops.

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

I briefly looked at the code today and the map is not configurable, buuuut… It’s easy to change the code. I just need time to do it. I’ll work on this if I find time.

DamageSponge
    Participant

The building supply (from the airplane) need to be reconfigured to be within the boundaries of the map (not sure if this is something you set).  The medical and food drops land within the map, but the building ones do not (the latest one was at 054,157) which is the closest I’ve seen to being on the map yet.  Maybe its configured for Altis?

DamageSponge
    Participant

Vehicles seem to be saving correctly now.  Thanks for fixing that!

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

New server restart system implemented. Vehicles should save perfectly now.

Terd

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Terd Fergasen.
    Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

OK. In working with @Legodev from DSR mod, I figured out I am doing an incompatible thing with my server here… I need to use a plugin to manage the server. I will fix it as soon as there are no players on the server… 🙂

DamageSponge
    Participant

Thanks!

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster
    Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

I honestly don’t know, and it is 100% mod code related. There is nothing I can do about it for sure. This needs to be brought up to the Desolation Redux forums / report a bug.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by Terd Fergasen.
    DamageSponge
    Participant

What determines what state a vehicle is saved in?  I’ve had a couple of vehicles revert to earlier save locations and states.  Even though I waited to log out until after the server save message popped up and about 30 minutes before a server restart.  One vehicle just outright disappeared (couldnt even find it with backtracking) and the other one returned to where it had been about 45 minutes earlier.

Im not sure what forces a save on a car (or if there is such a thing) so I always try getting in and out, messing with the inventory etc… but maybe thats pointless.

Thanks!

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

I just changed the AI balance considerably. There is now a lower chance for the AI to “hunt” a player when they spawn nearby. I also added more random land walking AI groups, and they will walk randomly until they find a player to attack.

-terd

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

Yep. That’s correct and usually consistent with most Arma AI experiences. Some day if I find time, I may be able to detect if a player steals an AI vehicle and and execute a database save action, so the Desolation mod knows the vehicle exists. I’ll post in here if I add that feature. I am not working on it at this time though. 🙂

-terd

DamageSponge
    Participant

As an FYI for everyone else, if you kill a roaming sqaud and take their vehicle, you will lose the vehicle once the server resets.  At least that is what happened to me.  I suppose its possible that it just spawned back a ways, but I didn’t log out until after the server had saved, so who knows.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Game servers privately hosted in the Seattle area for your gaming pleasure…

Skip to toolbar