Upcoming 9.36 release

Home Forums Arma 3 -> Exile -> Altis (Inactive server) Upcoming 9.36 release

Tagged: ,

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    DamageSponge
    Participant

You probably already thought of this, but you may want to update the in game server messages with and important notices relating to migrating to the new patch. I say that because most people probably don’t read these forums.

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

@DamageSponge

lol. Yeah, it’s annoying but probably best to selling everything, or risk me not having enough time to convert the old system to the new system… I wish I could say with certainty that I can migrate everything, but with the way things are going with ExileMod, I am sort of wondering what their next moves will be… Their latest post on ExileMod.com talks of 10 major Arma bugs they discovered with the latest 1.54 patch, and Arma hot fixing only 1 of those so far. Sort of sucks…

I do have a character (affectionately named ‘Terd Fergasen’) that I make time for playing most every Thursday and randomly on the weekends. I spend a lot of time writing code on a side project right now… I have an Arma game Launcher that I haven’t released yet, but plan to release it to http://armalauncher.com someday.

GG!

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by Terd Fergasen.
    DamageSponge
    Participant

Also, I always wondered if you actually had a toon in the game…. the only time I ever see you on its to do your wizard powers to fix something.

DamageSponge
    Participant

Laugh, its funny… when I first heard about the impending wipe I packed up my entire base and sold everything including my strider. Then when things were delayed I started aquiring things again, even bought a strider and build a new base, now Ill sell it all again! Its all good though, I do enjoy building!

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

Guys- You should sell your bases, so the money stores to your user account. DO NOT plan on me being able to port your bases to the next Exile version. As I type, I am breaking down my own base, and selling everything. At the very least, I will be able save our user accounts (with all of our money) and our player data (player inventory).

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

The game server locked up. This must be a new issue with patch 1.54. I reported it to Exilemod.com and restarted the server. Players should be able to join now. Thanks fellas.

DamageSponge
    Participant

well, shoot… that would explain why it looks like there are 8 people on, but I can’t connect.

Thanks!

Ultra
    Participant

Server Froze up today around 7-8pm est and its been in a locked/froze state since crash. Server says its online and active but you cant connect to it at all.

DamageSponge
    Participant

Was there another patch released? I was able to connect earlier today, now when I try to connect it just goes to a the virtual reality screen….

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

Updated the server to Arma 1.54 patch… So far, the system tests out decently.

One thing to note is there is a fatigue system that is new in 1.54… Make sure you are not carrying anything too heavy, or you will be walking.

Now we wait for Exile 9.36 release.

GG!

DamageSponge
    Participant

I just saw that 1.54 dropped unexpectedly, and of course Steam was happy to auto-update itself. I know the Exile team is scrambling to get things patched, but until then I wanted to let everyone know that they can still play using 1.52 by going to the Beta tab and type Arma3Legacy152 in the access code. Then you can check code, and select the legacy build in the dropdown. Then Arma 3 will update itself to the Legacy version and you can play. This works and I was able to get in game.

This way, you can continue to play while waiting for Exile to catch up.

Just my .02

Happy Killing!
    -DamageSponge

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

For me to avoid base and vehicles wipes, I would have to spend a bunch of time testing the new build and devise a data migration plan from the old data schema to the new data schema. Since I have gotten 1 donation in 1 year, it is not worth my time. 🙂

My advice is to sell gear and put your favorite gear on your character. From what I have read, the account and character data should remain in tact. I will of course back up the entire database before I touch anything.

GG!
    – terd

DamageSponge
    Participant

Just curious what your plan is for the new release and the recommended player wipes? Will it be a complete wipe, starting everyone over from scratch, including pop tabs? Or just a vehicle and inventory wipe, which means it would be worthwhile to just sell everything…

Thanks,
    DamageSponge

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The forum ‘Arma 3 -> Exile -> Altis (Inactive server)’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Game servers privately hosted in the Seattle area for your gaming pleasure…

Skip to toolbar