Vehicle Protection System added…

Home Forums Arma 3 -> Exile -> Altis (Inactive server) Vehicle Protection System added…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

The Vehicle Protection System was being used to prevent vehicles from exploding/disappearing during server restarts, which at the time, was a serious bug. I may have stripped it out once the Exile dev team patched the bug. I can’t recall anymore. 🙂

gg,
    terd

NickS (AKA Texas)
    Participant

I can confirm that the vehicle protection system no longer works. Player owned locked vehicles can be destroyed, regardless if they are locked or not.

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

Exile devs may have patched the code in one of the latest Exile code releases. The reason Vehicle Protection was added was because at the time, many player vehicles were missing on server restarts. I believe the vehicle protection system is still enabled, but the dev no longer supports it, and neither do I. Basically if it works it works, and I am thankful out of the many Arma game bugs, this vehicle disappearing issue is not happening anymore.

Tactical_Punk
    Participant

Fancy, still working?

MD Lion
    Participant

i didnt know you did that, thanks

NickS (AKA Texas)
    Participant

That is awesome! Thanks.

Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

I added the Vehicle Protection System scripts… Player owned vehicles will now become indestructible until that player unlocks the vehicle. This is to workaround ExileMod bug of exploding/ disappearing vehicles. This will need to be tested over time to see how well it works. Thanks for your patience.

-Terd

Read more on why this is now implemented here: https://moosepuncher.com/forums/topic/help/#post-934

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Arma 3 -> Exile -> Altis (Inactive server)’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Game servers privately hosted in the Seattle area for your gaming pleasure…

Skip to toolbar