Why should I donate?

Home Forums Why Donate? Why should I donate?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Terd Fergasen
    Keymaster

FAQ-

Q: Why donate when I do not see admins online?

A: Admins are online everyday. If not in-game, they are monitoring server load/performance, watching game chat streams, player connectivity, reading through game server error log reports, monitoring security, keeping the games up to date with latest patches, maintaining the OS and file systems software and hardware these game servers run on, and much, much more… There is much more to keep servers health and running smoothly than meets the eye. 😉

Q: What if I just want to play for free?

A: Something to consider is moosepuncher.com servers are “on demand”, “donation supported” servers. So people basically vote with their dollar. There is no real reason for the owner(s) to host games on systems that cost our time and money to run with no intake of some sort of compensation for such services. If you or anyone else want to see these servers running a game you like, it’s best to donate.  Doing so will keep these game servers online. If players play on these servers without donating, their game of choice is at risk an may not stay online in favor of games people want to support.

Q: What if I want perks for donating?

A: I have always been willing to do this, but I have been working with certain EXCELLENT DONOR players (@NickS and @Tactical_Punk) to increase and define offerings…

Premium perks offered:

– $20 – *Lifetime* spawn/re-spawn with decent starter equipment (including assault rifle, handgun, can-opener, canned food, drink, insta-docs, etc.) Note: The term “Lifetime” is limited by the length of the hosted server game type and the particular server the player participates in.

– $80 – *Temporary* crate full of LOTS of concrete building materials (or other supplies)

– Got something else in mind? Ask away… Maybe we can work something out.

– Note: All perks are subject to termination and/or redefinition at any the server owner’s discretion.

We hope that clears things up and makes it more easy to understand why dontations make sense.

Thank you for playing… and “don’t you go dying on me…”  😉

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Game servers privately hosted in the Seattle area for your gaming pleasure…

Skip to toolbar